Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of school


Yes, I cried. I am still crying. I am glad that I took the day off.
.
.
She was a very happy baby this morning and when we got to school she got very quiet. Her eyes were really big and she was watching everyone! There are only 8 kids in her class at this time but her teacher says that will change as the year progresses. By this time next year she will be in the next class (18 month-2 yr). It took a long time to get in the building and get to her classroom. There were a lot of parents there with the older children and it was really crowded. So we dropped off Alex with her teacher and had to turn medications (diaper cream, tylenol, etc.) into the school nurse. That took a while because she had to check the expiration date and labels on everything. When we went past her room again, I had to look in and she was sitting at the table still with her thumb in her mouth looking sad. Poor baby! I was fighting the tears the whole time and finally just had to cry. boo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment