Wednesday, March 4, 2009

12 weeks- 18 years to go

Blurry Smile


Ok, I only have 18 more years to go with out dropping my baby again. Well dropping is a serious word, basically Alex slipped off the bed and hit her head on a wood ottoman on Monday. It totally freaked me out. She was crying right away and I picked her up and she stopped crying. Being a nurse I do know what to look for but when it is your baby all thinking goes out the window. I did a neuro exam- in other words all extremeties were moving, no vomiting, pupils were equal,round, reactive, and baby was smiling! What? baby was smiling, cooing, etc.?? Did I knock her silly? I needed 2nd opinion so i went to the ER. Alex ended up being ok and was actually flirting with the very cute doctor. She was giving him smiles and talking to him. I think if I wasn't married that I would've done the same. At least my girl has taste. Dr said she might have bruises or black eye but 2 days later she looks like nothing happened. I feel like a terrible mommy for this but I am happy nothing is wrong.

Also Alex has a jumper that she loves--she loves it so much I can't take her out until she is practically sleeping. She is not big enough for it (she is suposed to be 4 months or something like that) but she has such strong legs I want to take advantage of that so I put her in it anyways. She can't reach the ground so I put a pillow or book under her so she can bounce. When she bounces it lights up and makes sounds but she has found out that if she hits her head on the side of the chair it makes the sounds with out having to do the physical activity (obviously taking after me). I have solved that problem; I put a blanket between her and the front of the chair. I can't have her hitting her head too much this week right?



Sleeping in jumpy chair



People have asked where I got the cute bow in a previous post and I would like to give a shout out to one of my oldest friends, Tiffany. She is a stay at home mommy that has a business making bows, etc. Please visit her site and support the SAHM-- http://www.mybowlady.com/ . They make great gifts (especially for Alex).





Jedi baby


On an end note, I have changed the music because some people have complained about the songs (Andy) but I still stuck with The Beatles (except the pina colada song). These are all the songs I sing to Alex because really these are the songs I know the words to. If I knew the pussycat girl songs I would sing those. Please listen and enjoy.



Beat box baby

No comments:

Post a Comment