Tuesday, January 27, 2009

7 weeks old

Well, Alex is going through a growth spurt and can't seem to get enough food right now. Her schedule is as follows -- eat lazily for an hour (about 4-5 ounces), spend 15 min holding all my burps in from mommy and daddy, 30 min of sleep (very restless-with arms and legs still flailing about), and then finally waking up screaming for food prompting mommy to spend 15 minutes trying to get pacifier in baby's mouth cause she CAN'T be hungry again. Needless to say I am not getting anything done and minimal sleep -- BABYWATCH 2009!! What happened to eating every 4 hours?




Along with this growth spurt Alex has developed baby acne. It doesn't look too bad if she is calm but as soon as she starts crying and getting really red in the face it looks horrible! I want to slather anti acne cream all over it but Dr says it won't matter. Hormones are the culprit! I wonder if it itches-it looks like it would itch. The pic below really doesn't show it but it is just a cute pic (I might be biased).




I was thinking yesterday that if I didn't make the decision to stay home with Alex that she would be in daycare by now. 6 weeks is the standard maternity leave. With baby being almost 7 weeks I can not imagine her going to a child care center now because she is so needy. How can someone take care of her and 10 other babies? I have a hard time looking after just her! I am turning into an overprotective mommy.



Alex has a bouncy chair that has vibration and she digs it. Especially digs what it does to her feet-she sticks her feet on the vibrating part and spreads her toes, look at the pic :)



1 comment:

  1. omg I love the pic of her feet. That is so funny. So our kids are blog-buddies now....LOL

    ReplyDelete